- Install a Redhat server with the SLIS boot disk and SLIS CD, like if you where installing a SLIS (Starting from 3.0beta2).
- When done and booted, insert the setup disk you made by copying files onto a blank DOS formated disk (with edited or deleted setup.data file)
- Type "root" and ENTER without a password
- Type ENTER
- Wait (or answer the questions)
- Change you root passwd
- Go away from the server, you'll have nothing to do with the console...
- Sit down in front of your prefered workstation and connect to your server with a browser (http://you_slim_server)
- The initial "login/pass" is "admin/slim"
- Expand the menu, and, at the bottom, import the permission file contained into the archive into documents/rights.csv
You have now, to:
- Import, or create your "sites"
- Import, or create your "backbones", "pop", "networks" and "ip"
- Then, you can create some SLIS attached to all this
Here is a description of the fields to import.
Your server has a rsync server configured for the SLIS updates. You may put the SLIS update files (ftp://old.slis.fr/slis/updates_rsync/) into /usr/local/slis-updates. Your rsync server will answer only to requests comming from your domain.